When you want a hit of crunchy fresh veg and noodles in the same bowl, look no further than cold noodle salad.
Makes 2 servings
2 servings of buckwheat noodles, or your favorite noodle or pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spinach
- 3 radishes
- 2 persian cucumbers
- 2 ribs of celery
- 1 honeycrisp apple
- 4 green onions
- ½ bunch cilantro
- ½ c. Mother-in-Law’s Kimchi
- 2 eggs, soft boiled
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 sheet roasted seaweed
- 2 tbsp. Mother-in-Law’s Gochugaru
- 2 tbsp. agave or honey
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Mother-in-Law’s Original Gochujang Paste
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated
Cook noodles according to the package. Rinse noodles in cold water until completely chilled. Strain and place noodles in the refrigerator until ready to use.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients (gochugaru, agave, apple cider vinegar, gochujang, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic). Whisk until combined. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce and vegetable oil. In a small non-stick pan, cook chicken over medium high heat (about 3 minutes per side). Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
In a small sauce pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Gently place 2 eggs into the boiling water and boil for 6 minutes. Remove eggs and immediately transfer them into an iced water bath.
In a small sauce pot, bring 3 cups of water to boil. Blanch spinach in boiling water for 30 seconds, transfer to an ice bath immediately. Wring out the spinach and chop into 1” pieces.
Cut radish, cucumber, celery and apple into matchsticks.
Chop cilantro leaves and stems into 1” pieces.
Finely mince green onions.
Chop kimchi into ¼” strips.
Cut chicken into ¼” strips.
With a scissor, cut roasted seaweed sheets into matchsticks.
Peel and halve eggs.
- To assemble: in a large serving bowl, mound noodles in the center. Arrange vegetables, apple, kimchi, and chicken around the noodle. Pour 3 tbsp. of sauce over the noodles. Place halved egg on top of the noodles. Garnish with sesame seeds and roasted seaweed. Mix well before serving.