Marinated Tofu Stir Fry
*Recipe by The Korean Vegan.
Kick your stir fry up a notch with some added heat! The combination of gochujang and chili flakes is sure to pack an extra flavorful punch.
1 13 oz. box extra firm tofu (cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes)
1 tbsp potato starch (can sub corn starch)
3 tbsp sesame oil
4 cloves garlic (minced)
3 tbsp GARLIC Gochujang Sauce
2 tsp GOCHUGARU Korean Chile Flakes
1⁄2 cup water
2 scallions (chopped)
1 handful fresh chile peppers or sliced bell peppers
For the Assembly
1. Pat tofu dry and coat with with potato starch.
2. Cook tofu in 2 tbsp of sesame oil over medium heat until all sides are browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In same pan, add remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil, garlic, gochujang, gochugaru chile flakes and vegetables and sauté until slightly charred.
4. Add back the tofu, together with 1⁄2 cup of water. Cook over low heat until sauce thickens (this should take about 1 minute).
5. Garnish with scallions and serve warm.