Kimbap Breakfast Sandwich
*Recipe by The Korean Vegan.
The addictive kimbap roll - in breakfast sandwich form with a probiotic kick. Much better (and better for you!) than burritos.
1 large sweet potato
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 cup ripe MIL Kimchi
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp TANGY Gochujang Sauce
1 cup rice
1 tbsp sesame seeds
3 sheets roasted nori
6 red cabbage leaves
1 cup baby spinach
For the Assembly
1. Peel and boil the sweet potato until fully cooked, then mash together with 1 tbsp sesame oil, salt and pepper.
2. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to skillet and begin to caramelize the kimchi with 1 tbsp of gochujang.
3. Cook rice according to package directions. Once cooked, fluff with a fork and add salt and sesame seeds.
4. Measure out 3 pieces of plastic wrap and place 1 sheet of nori on each sheet of plastic wrap.
5. Flatten out a square piece of red cabbage in the middle of each nori sheet. Wet fingers and add rice to the cabbage leaf. Then add sweet potato mash, kimchi, spinach, more rice and another piece of cabbage.
6. Fold the nori like an envelope over ingredients and set with plastic wrap. Slice in half and remove plastic wrap when ready to serve.