Garlic Gochujang Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
5 mild peppers (mild sweet red peppers or poblano green peppers)
1 1/2 cup of cooked I Heart Keenwah Toasted Tricolor Quinoa
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
1 inch fresh ginger, grated
1 sprig spring onion
1 tbsp miso paste
2-3 tbsp water
Sesame seeds for garnish
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp vegan mayo
2-3 tbsp water
Say goodbye to mushy, bland rice-stuffed bell peppers you grew up on. We've replaced them with mild, sweet peppers stuffed with a blend of seasonings, sauces and yummy toasted quinoa - perfect for Meatless Monday!
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine quinoa, corn, ginger, garlic, spring onions and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1 Tbs of miso paste and 2-3 Tbs water.
- Add miso sauce to quinoa and corn mixture and combine well.
- Separately, cut an opening in peppers (vertically) and remove seeds with hand. Stuff peppers with quinoa and corn mixture and rub outer skin with sesame oil.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- At the halfway mark (15 minute-mark), remove peppers from oven and top with a crusting mixture of panko crumbs, gochugaru pepper flakes, sesame oil and salt.
- While peppers are baking, whisk together your finishing sauce: garlic gochujang, vegan mayo, and a few drops of water (2-3 Tbs max, depending on your desired consistency).
- After peppers are finished baking, plate them on a serving platter.
- Drizzle sauce on top and garish with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions.